Over the years we've collected some great Christmas CDs (some were not so great). I highly recommend these--they get the most play year after year:
- A Charlie Brown Christmas (Vince Guarldi Trio). I haven't met anyone who does not LOVE this one.
- Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas (Ella Fitzgerald). Energetic, swingy phrasing on all your favorite Christmas songs.
- Yule Struttin'/A Blue Note Christmas. A little R&B for your holiday mood.
- The Spirit of Christmas (Ray Charles). Classic songs, Ray Charles style. If Ray doesn't make you smile, something is wrong.
- Christmas with the Rat Pack (Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr.). This is exactly what you expect it to be, and that's a GOOD thing.
Make a nice playlist that you can listen to in the car. It helps me stay cheery in the face of the holiday traffic, and my kids and I love to sing along while we drive around on our errands. Yes, I know, it's a super-nerdy mental picture, but it's fun!
While you're at it, stop by Starbucks and get an eggnog latte or peppermint mocha. You might not care how long you have to wait at that traffic light.